Monday 10 May 2010

Not that new . . . .

I live in a 1960's converted bungalow, with beautiful views over the sea, situated in a beautiful seaside village, however my house is modern inside.

All walls removed where possible, ensuites where possible and the only two old things I posess are a piano and my husbands granny's writing desk (currently used to safely guard chinese and indian takeaway menus)  Nothing in my house is that old.

But then today whilst taking pictures of my daughter and trying out my new camera, I saw my garden shed, propping up the apple tree with the (new) swing sitting prettily on a branch.  Perhaps I do have something cottagy, shabby chic, not that new in my house after all . . . .
But then I looked at my parsley and then I saw my old water tank that was in the loft.  I covered it with decking planks so it looks like a big expensive planter  . . . . . something else not that new . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment