Monday 9 August 2010

The easiest, quickest, one pan Brownie Thins

I love to cook, but only things that are quick and easy.  All this sifting and folding makes for less time on the sewing machine or playing with shells.  This recipe is easy, quick and perfect as the brownies are not too big and just the right size for little mouths.


115 g butter / marg
40g cocoa
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
200g caster sugar
50 g self raising flour
teaspoon of vanilla essence or extract
50g of walnut pieces.

Simply melt the butter in a pan, then remove from heat, add the cocoa, salt, sugar, vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth.  (My little 4 year old did this bit and the brownies are no worse of when not beaten much), lastly add the flour and walnut pieces.


Pour into a baking tray (12" x 8" x 1")  lined with baking paper (parchment).  Bake in the oven (180 C, 350 F, Gas mark 4) for approx 18 minutes or until the mixture appears set, but soft.  It firms up when cooled.


When still warm turn onto a board and cut into squares.


I make 24 small ones which I found quite rich and so was happy to serve smaller pieces.  I reckon 16 - 20 is perhaps better for bigger mouths like my 6 year old.


Found this recipe in the Readers Digest 30 minute Cookbook.  Love recipes like this as there is not too many tools involved and as I said very quick to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment