Monday 31 May 2010

pirates & patterns

So with one day left to go before our weekly Village Summer Craft Fair begins, ( that was a mouthful)  I have finally come up with an idea for the boys.  I have made some pirate bunting. 

 My daughter desperately wants this and she may . . . if I still have some at the end of September.

I also came up with a sort of error in my cutting out.  Novice sewers beware.  Don't forget about the pattern when cutting out even the simplest of designs.

When cutting out my triangles I realised that the pattern would be upside down for half of the flags.  I didn't buy much of my skull & crossbones fabric so I needed to use all the triangles.  Instead I have backed in a black cotton so that I could use as much fabric as possible.  Though some of my flags are upside down.

And so all novice sewers out there.  Don't forget about the pattern. 

Any hints you wish to leave me would be gratefully received.

2 comments:

  1. I dont have any suggestions, but does it look that bad with them upside down?

    They look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy, and I guess if it goes in a bedroom children are going to be looking at it from all angles. There is a positive side to my forgetting about fabric pattern after all.

    ReplyDelete