Tuesday 20 July 2010

plastic tablecloths make great bags for gifts & even better as scooter bags :)


Two purposes :

 "great for a little girls present" comments the mums

"oh super, a peg bag," states the more mature grannys



I love the plastic tablecloth fabric about at the moment.  And so I make bags for the weekly village craft fayre. They are so simple to make.  ( sew the handles on first and the sides next)



I made a mistake with one ( must have been sewing late at night) and it turned into a scooter bag.  Popular with little girls especially my daughters. 
Great fun, easy to make and perfect for presents.  

Just one thing to note. . . . .   Not all plastics are easy to sew, had to buy a walking foot to solve the fabric sticking, heard that a teflon foot is also a good to overcome this problem. 

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea using plastic tablecloths!

    I’m having a new link party “Cheap Thrills Thursday” starting the 29th. It’s for creative ideas that cost under $20. I’d love for you to stop by and join in!
    Kat
    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete