Monday 12 July 2010

Sea glass untouched


My Friend collects sea glass.                   
She doesn't blog, or etsy, or folksy.  She simply lets me sell them at the Weekly village craft Fayre. 
She doesn't sand them, rough them up or tumble them. 
She simply picks them up from the beach and cleans in a mild cleaning fluid.  Rubs baby oil into the green ones to make them sparkle, and drills a hole if required.
I think they are magical.  I bought her sea glass marble earings and now will just have to buy the necklace.  Thanks Ursula.

12 comments:

  1. These are so pretty. I have never seen sea glass on the beach--only at the store! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them.. I only found sea glass in cape may one time my entire life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and they look so elegant yet easy to make if you wanted to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a seaglass piece done so beautifully. Your friend Ursula has a real talent. I've only recently seen sea glass used in art works but this jewelry beats them all. Do you have an etsy shop where you sell these? Thanks, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seaglass! Don't find much where I live unfortunately. The pieces are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly are magical. What a lovely post and I thank you for linking to the Boardwalk Bragfest. Your blog is looking very, very nice. I signed up to follow. I would love for you to do likewise! I wonder what kind of wire she uses so that it doesn't come lose and the glass doesn't fall out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pieces are lovely :) Thanks for popping by at my blog with your nice comments. Really glad I've found your blog and will come back and have a proper look at it.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO beautiful... I wish i didn't live somewhere so land locked! I am a new follower~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so pretty! I love sea glass. I was hoping to find some when we went to the beach last month, but no such luck.

    Thanks for stopping by & helping with my photo!

    ReplyDelete