Wednesday 10 November 2010

sewing pictures again

As some have you who have popped into this blog may have seen that I have had a go at sewing pictures.

Thanks to Poppy Cottage or should I say Puppy Cottage who passed on a suggestion ( marmalade rose), hours of trawling blog land and clip art,  I have come up with a few of my own. 





I have a few more VW ones to make for a little craft fayre at my friends house this weekend, and then I shall have run out of frames. 

Have a look at three red apples for some amazing machine art.  I am so envious of her talent and imagination. 



It is sew nice to be sewing and  constantly learning more about my machine and what it can do.  The one thing that irritates me though is having to change feet.  I sew with a normal foot or walking foot, then keep switching to a darning foot which is better for the pictures. 

My screwdriver is always at the ready.

Oh what a pain life can be . . .

Thanks for looking

Cheers
Sara


16 comments:

  1. what fun! Well done. Love the vw van, reminds me of one I had years ago.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I especially like the VW van.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I found you over at the blog hop and I'm your newest follower! Come by Sassy Sites! xoxo

    www.sassysites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Luckily my sewing feet change out easily, what I find so laborious is winding buttons. Argh! The burdens we must bare for crafting!
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for you comment on our Felt Ornament Post! And that VW van is incredible! I have to pass this on to friends who just went across the USA in a VW van they named "Buster".

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just fantastic! I'm glad to see people making these again, they are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seriously lovin' the mug with flowers in it, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous. The VW caught my eye. Growing up we were a VW family - my Dad still is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Found you via Holly at 504 Main. What a great project. I'd love for you to share this at A Crafty Soiree, the weekly linky party I co-host on Thursdays. I'm your newest follower ( -:
    Malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the home sweet home picture!

    Thanks for linking up. And don't forget to enter my along for the ride: designs giveaway! http://bit.ly/9cz33f

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are really cute! I love the little cottages - they look so textural. Found you over at Sew Can Do

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your embroidery is just amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS...This tickled me pink...come on by on Friday.
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by from Tickled Pink at 504 Main -- Your VW art totally drew me in. I love all of your sewing machine art and am feeling so inspired to try my hand at it. Thank you! Best, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's no need to be envious of anyone else's talent, you've got plenty of your own! These pictures are gorgeous - I love the VW one.
    It's a shame I didn't discover you before you went to NY as I have loads of tips! I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete